Friday, May 11, 2007

the thing about fridays..

Fridays are the harbingers of joy...,, but in themselves they are no joy. Matter of fact they are the unbearable last minutes of a long and dreadful wait that one endures in hope of something so close yet so far...

Friday is like the last sip of the coffee in your mug , that is no longer warm and tastes like acid, dead dry acid, that you drink anyway not because you want to but because its there in your mug and anything that is in the mug must be downed... Else evil thing will come your way,,so Ive been told.., by the coffee mug of course...

They are like the last monkey on your back, that just wont go no matter how hard you try,, not until the clock strikes 5...! I have a theory about this last monkey.. My theory is that all the monkeys that you have been pulling off your back thinking you are rid of them, they all actually just keep merging into one.
And on friday all these hediously stubborn nagging monkeys have merged into the friday monkey, which become a leach on your back... Until, its 5 and pop its gone.. But wait its not really gone,,it takes the weekend to recharge and come monday you find it having succssfuly climbed back on you with all his orignal cousins...

Yes,, not 5 yet..and I am getting paid to write this...not my fault ! I swear.. I got fed an "energy sweet" by a colleague. It promised to wake me up...and behold...awake I am..!!!

No comments: