Friday, December 01, 2006

The lost flight and the night.

Getting stuck at airport, as anyone whose been through it, will testify is a nightmare.
Here I am, stuck at stanstead airport for the whole night for no fault of mine.
The karachi-london flight delayed by two hours, and caused me to miss my london-tampere flight by 10 minutes. The smug looking guy at RyanAir check told me they had closed check-in 10 minutes ago..Dont you just hate that,, I mean I would probably not feel that bad had I missed it by an hour or so,,but missing a flight by a few minutes,,...that hits under the belt....
So the next flight is after 12 hours,.lets try killing it..

There is a huge,towering christmas tree right smack in front of me, fully loaded with the stars, moons, and all that jazz...
No one seems to be in a celebatory mode here right now though, none actually wants to be here, we are all just stuck..Poor thing, must be feeling really out of place...
I can never get myself to relax or sleep at airports, its as if my entire sleep system rebels against it.. I envy those who can. I think they are damn lucky bastards..
An african lady with kids just shouted at her kids telling them not to touch the tree... The accent, its very interesting, most africans speak english with that accent. You can make out every word. Funny how after retreating back into their little british isles, the english still rule the former colonies..
Dont mind me, I am just rambling, its only 21:01 and I have another 8 hours to kill.. My note books battery says 22%,ok now its 21%..meaning 27 minutes...Hmm,, now where can I find a power socket to plug my pc in...One that will allow the non british plugs..
Come to think of it, why do the brits do that..! Live in their own fancy world....the right hand drive, funny three pin sockets, the stones for weight.. Come on guys...lifes already too misreable and complicated for a poor transit rat stuck in your airports,,why dont u give em a break..!!

No comments: