Saturday, February 24, 2007

upgrade

Second and third languages can be very amusing, when you use them in a text book style..

Yesterday I was having a conversation with a co-worker, and she couldnt find a word for something she wanted to say,,,and kept saying...."when my parents were upgrading me..." I thought what !!? and she got that from my look and said.."ahh.. u know when you are young and your parents are.....upgrading you..."
"haun...???" and then it hit me....
"oh.....!!! " ,, you mean when they were "bringing you up" !!??
"yeeeesss ! thats what I mean " she replied...

that was sooo ummm funny...!!! upgrading your child !!!

Oh the perils of working in technology area... Your normal lingo and thoughts even get geeky.... That is if there is anything normal left in you to start with...

Come to think of it, thats what parents do, everytime they teach a child something, they upgrade him. Its like when they potty train you, they upgrade you from pampers to potty... When you are taught to tie your shoes you are upgraded..and so on... till a time when you get in an auto-upgrade mode,...you upgrade yourself on your own....Well most of the time that is,,..

The term does make sense I guess....

No comments: