Saturday, April 01, 2006

complexes..

Pia is a fine lady, social and all, but I just wish she would leave me alone. It seems that she has made it her personal mission to convert me to christianity or atleast to elighten me to how wrong I really am.

Its amazing,,totally mind boggling. She has got a degree in Physics, and working on another one in CS but her mind still is so closed.! How do people manage to pile up degrees and still have such narrow views on life, world, people, society and the rest.

Recently she started this talk about Israel and on knowing that I held views different from hers she immediately started trying to prove how wrong I am !

When I asked her specific questions, to my utmost surprise she knew nothing about the history or the issues surrounding the subject(this she herself confessed to as she had no answers to the questions I asked) and yet she was so sure of how right she is !! Amazing !

And she is not the only one, I am sure you can find atleast one like her in every square meter of this planet !!

Particularly of shock to me, was her almost "belief" in the news , the news she gets from BBC and the rest of western media.! She is of the view that I am "brain washed" from the news and views that I have been exposed to while growing up, and all the news broadcasted in my part of the world is of course just plain false propaganda.
I guess she also believes that the media and news that she has been and (is)exposed to while growing up was and is naturally the virign truth...

I am not claiming that western media spreads false reports. No, in this global village,that could never work. But often the news stories are one sided, or worded such as to create a given impression and enforce it. But many people like Pia, are blind to this.

Most people in the west seem to have this superiority complex, some express it rather openly and others wont admit, they might not even be aware of it,but they atleast unconciously or subconsciously consider themselves intellectually and culturally superior.

Fascinating...! the more the things have changed,,the more they have remained the same....

No comments: